Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Dear Friend: Guidance from a Stranger


Dear friend: Thank you for being supportive and encouraging to a stranger.

When we met, you looked beyond what I was showing the outside world and our friendship began. I was just beginning my journey on a path you had already traveled down for many miles. You encouraged me when I was unsure and insecure, and guided me with enthusiasm for our common interest.

When I stumble along this journey, you are there to remind me that falling down is part of the process. You remind me that every time I stumble I am becoming stronger and able to take on more next time.

You continue to guide me toward success and a bright, shiny future.. Thank you my friend.

 

Note: This post was originally written on October 15, 2013 as a note to a mentor that I had just met. She has guided and encouraged me along this path called life. Today, its re-written to you - friends/mentors come in many forms, sometimes they are here for a day, a week or a lifetime.

Copyright © 2015, Sandra J Oliver. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment