Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Dear Friend: Come Back to Me

Dear Friend,

I wish you didn't have to go, I want to be selfish and keep you by my side until the next sunrise. We talked about the past and the future, as if we had all the time in the world. The end was here before the beginning took shape; leaving us yearning for more time, more touch, more breath.

The appetite of what we shared melts my heart. We gave our truth without remorse, our souls touched while our bodies entwined. Your being fit into mine with such ease and comfort, like it was meant to be. Our time together was filled with wonder and surprise like a unexpected gift from a stranger.


Come back to me when you are ready for a safe place to relax after braving all the world's pain. We will hold hands and talk about better times, those we shared together.



No comments:

Post a Comment