Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Dear Friend: I Found God

Dear Friend,

I found God in the face of a lost child, searching for the truth in her Mother's voice. She listened closely and reached out to touch the hand that had slipped from hers.

I found God in the eyes of a homeless man, looking for comfort from the bitter cold. He wandered away wearing his coat like a robe of broken dreams.

I found God in the voice of a stranger. They told me a story of fear and loss overcome; they hid their sorrow behind a park bench for a beggar to find. 

I found God in my lover's arms. He caught me as I fell for him, pulling me into his chest where I could hear his heart beating.

I found God in the cry of a hawk searching for it's next prey. The world is for those that wish to grab ahold and take charge of their destiny.

I found God in my darkest hour.  He was here with me, keeping the space for me to heal and mend. 

I found God.




No comments:

Post a Comment